COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We may obtain personal information about you in different ways. We may collect information you provide to us when you are introduced to us, when we meet you in person, or when we are in contact by phone, email, via our website or otherwise. The types of personal data you may provide includes: first and last name, job title and company name, email address, phone number, postal address, information contained in any correspondence, and any other information you may voluntarily provide, such as your gender, age, personal interests and marketing and communications data. You may also provide us with information in the course of applying for a job with us, such as information about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status, background check information, and other information about you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE FROM OTHERS
INFORMATION WE COLLET AUTOMATICALLY
When you use the Website or view our emails, we may, ourselves or through a third party vendor, automatically collect, store and use information about your visits to our website, such as:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location;
- information about your visits and use of the our websites, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our websites, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms used;
- information collected by cookies, web beacons (including pixels and tags) and other technologies (collectively “Cookies”) (for more information on Cookies, please see the section on Cookies below).
We use this data to (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with the Website; (3) personalize your visit to the Website; (4) measure the usability of the Website and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance the Website.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies may be set and accessed on your computer. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon”, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to servers and may be used to transmit information collected through Cookies back to a web server. We refer to all of these technologies as “Cookies” for purposes of this notice.
- Required Cookies are required for the functioning of the website and may be used to implement security features or embed video or sound files. Disabling these Cookies will encumber the Website’s performance, and may make these services and features unavailable.
- Functional Cookies allow the Website to help maintain your session and remember choices you have made in order to provide functionality for your benefit. For example, functional “session” Cookies allow the Website to remember settings specific to you, such as whether you have previously visited the Website and clicked to acknowledge our Cookie banner, which ultimately improves your web experience. Functional Cookies also include persistent Cookies which are used to remember your preferences when you subsequently visit our Website.
- Analytics Cookies are used to gather statistics about the use of the Website in order to improve the performance and design of the Website. For these purposes, analytics Cookies collect information about your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, other system settings, IP-address, referring URLs, information on actions taken on the Website and the dates and times of your visits, as well as the country and time zone in which your device is located. These Cookies are provided by third-party analytics providers, including Google Analytics and Wistia, and the information obtained through these Cookies will be disclosed to or collected directly by these third-party service providers.
- Advertising Cookies are used to control and manage advertisements and our marketing initiatives. These Cookies may collect information about how you interacted with our Website, whether you interacted with an advertisement, and whether you visited another website. Such Cookies help us to offer you content that may be of interest to you and provide targeted information that seems more relevant to your interests. They also help us to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements and to control and limit the frequency of advertisements and other information being displayed to you. Some of these Cookies are persistent Cookies, which remain on your computer or other Internet-connected device for a certain period of time after you end your browsing session, unless you delete them. These Cookies are provided by third parties such as LinkedIn, YouTube and Google Ads. To learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We use the information we collect about you in order to improve our Website and provide you with features that interest and work well for you. In particular, we use the information to:
- Communicate with you (and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your explicit consent to do so), including by sending you information regarding changes to our policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information;
- Establish and manage our business relationships;
- Manage career opportunities at Danbury, including for recruitment purposes, candidate screening and evaluation, and employee onboarding;
- Perform analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our Website; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; and performing other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Website and prevent misuse;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies.
In compliance with relevant law, we may retain information as needed or appropriate to serve our legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
- With service providers, sellers, and partners to perform functions and process your data and to help operate our Website, including hosting and storage providers or email service providers. In addition to using your information to help us provide our Website, service providers may use your personal information internally to improve their own services and may share it in connection with a sale, divestiture, or transfer of business assets; to protect their rights; or to comply with the law. In addition, our providers may share your personal information with their own third-party service providers.
- With analytics service providers and advertisers to collect information about how you use our Website over time and across different services. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand your online activity. Some companies may use information collected on our Website to deliver advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, targeted to your interests and preferences, on other websites or apps you may visit or on your social media feed and to gauge their effectiveness.
- With third parties as part of an acquisition or liquidation, namely if we are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, corporate divestiture, reorganization, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, or if we undergo liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HAVE COLLECTED
You have the right to:
- Know what personal information we have about you and request a copy of the same;
- Update or change any incorrect personal information;
- Ask us to stop collecting, processing and using your personal information in certain ways;
- Request the portability of your personal information; and
- Raise concerns regarding automated decision-making processes.
If you wish to do any of the above, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may refuse to comply with a request if the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive in nature or if the request is for erasure of personal information, i.e., where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for record-keeping and research purposes. We also may be entitled to refuse your request, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
INFORMATION FROM USERS OUTSIDE OF THE USA AND CONSENT TO TRANSFER JURISDICTION
We transfer, process, and store information about you on servers located in the United States. Therefore, your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States, whose data protection, privacy, and other laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in your country of residence. For example, government entities in the United States and other countries may have certain rights to access your personal information. If we transfer your information outside of your country of residence in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. By using the Website you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
For your convenience and information, our Website may contain links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently of Danbury. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content of any online services that are not affiliated with Danbury, any use of those services, or the privacy practices of those services.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, and plug-ins on our Website also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. These third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS